Sunday 13 October 2019

THANK YOU NGMA and every one associated with the institute.


THANK YOU NGMA and every one associated with the institute.

My 6 plus long years of association as the Director, NGMA, (Director, NGMA Bangalore for 4 months, from October 2012 to January 2013, and Director, NGMA, Mumbai for 5 years and 8 plus months, from 13th October 2013 till today) ended today with my signing and exchanging of the “Certificate of Transfer of Charge” with my successor, Ms. Anita, Roopavataram, who has taken the charge of the regular Director of NGMA Mumbai.

I take this opportunity to thank a whole lot of stakeholders of NGMA starting from the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, to the staff of all the three NGMAs, particularly NGMA Mumbai, the respective past and current advisory committee members of NGMA, Dr Pheroza Godrej, Dr Suhas Bahulkar and Mr Sudhakar Rao (the former two chairpersons of NGMA Mumbai and the later the Chairperson of NGMA Bangalore) and a whole lot of outstanding creative artists, art connoisseurs, visitors and art lovers, for your extraordinary support, encouragement and well wishes, which made this unexpectedly long tenure a memorable experience.

Handling responsibility of two national level museums - one a Art Museum and another a Science Museum - has been challenging and often times too taxing requiring burning of midnight oil more so for the NGMA works. I have tried my best to do full justice to the additional responsibility of the Director NGMA, and that has been possible primarily because of the support that I got from art community and the members of the advisory committee both past and present of NGMA.

While I say good bye to NGMA, I must place on record the untiring work of my colleague Mr Ajay, my personal assistant at the Nehru Science Centre, who had to bear the major brunt of my additional responsibility and often times had to work very late hours with absolutely no financial or other rewards, whatsoever.

Last but not the least my special thanks to my beloved wife and life partner, Vidya, Khened, who had to endure quite a lot of hardship and had to majorly take care of our home affairs because of my two responsibilities.

A big thank you to one and all and wishing my successor all the very best.

I will continue to be the Director of the Nehru Science Centre, Mumbai.

No comments:

Earth Day "Planet vs. Plastics” : Balancing Act of the Dual Nature of Plastic and Its Impact on Planet Earth

“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. “Rachel Carson, The Sense...